Posted by Jason Sizemore on Aug 13, 2012 in Apex News, Apex Publications Blog: Matters of SF, Fantasy, and Horror | 1 comment
Or is it? Is Appalachia as mysterious and wonderful as people say? Or does its enduring beauty hold something dark. Something dreadful. Something very hungry for our flesh. Can the people of the region stand up against the hordes of the Undead and thrive as they have thrived under other worst circumstances?
Appalachian Undead takes a look at the dark side of Appalachia, where the Undead walk, driven by old magic and worse, their hunger for us. Nestled in the safety of the hills, the inhabitants have thrived and adapted even to the worst of conditions, but can they survive against an army that never tires and never stops feeding? With new intriguing tales of the Undead, this anthology contains work by some of the best names in horror, including Jonathan Maberry, Gary A. Braunbeck, Tim Lebbon, Elizabeth Massie, Lucy Snyder, Bev Vincent, Tim Waggoner and many more.
With a special Foreword by S.G. Browne (author of Breathers: A Zombie’s Lament) and Afterword by Rebekah McKendry of Fangoria Magazine.
To celebrate the release of Appalachian Undead, Apex Publications and anthology editors Eugene Johnson and Jason Sizemore are giving away a cool bonus to everyone who pre-orders between now and September, 20th, 2012. On top of that, Jason and Eugene are holding a pre-order contest bearing a whole slew of awesome prizes.
Pre-Order Extra Gift
Everyone who pre-orders a copy of Appalachian Undead will get a promotional code to download the short zombie film Leftovers directed by Paul Moore (Keepsake, Unbroken). The code will be either sent to you via email. If you prefer to receive a DVD copy of the movie, please email Eugene and Jason at email@example.com. We’ll need your order number and name. Supplies of the DVD are limited.
Everyone who pre-orders a copy of Appalachian Undead will be entered into a drawing for one of the following prizes.
1) A movie prop from Dawn of the Dead (2004) with a certificate of authenticity.
2) A movie prop from Resident Evil 2 along with a certificate of authenticity.
3) A movie prop from Grindhouse/Planet Terror along with a certificate of authenticity.
4) A copy of Dead of Night signed by Jonathan Maberry.
5) A copy of The Living Dead 2 signed by Gary A Braunbeck.
6) A “brain explosion” pack from Apex. All the zombie books published by Apex Publications (six books!).
7) A print of the Appalachian Undead art by Cortney Skinner signed by the artist.
8) A Marvel Zombie Hardback
9) A Marvel Zombie the Return Hardback
10) A three day pass to The Scarefest in Lexington, KY
11) A Dawn of the Dead DVD (2004)
12) A Resident Evil: Afterlife DVD
13) Gift card to Amazon.com $100.00
14) Gift card to Amazon.com $50.00
15) Meet and greet lunch with filmmaker Paul Moore and Appalachian Undead editor Eugene Johnson at an Apex-attended convention. Paul Moore is an independent film director that has four films to his credit, including his latest, Unbroken, staring Tony Todd (Candyman, 24), Jeff Fahey (Lost, Grindhouse). His films have been on the SyFy channel and are distributed through Lionsgate. If you have questions about film making or want to pitch an idea to a film director, well, here is your opportunity! Who knows, he might even cast you in a movie–the sky is the limit. (Travel to the event and lodging is not included).
More prizes to be announced soon!
You’ll be eligible to win any prizes announced after you place your order.